Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Yum Yum—I Guess?

There are plenty of outdoor food vendors here in Mumbai. It usually looks good but I really don`t know if it is. Why? Cuz I haven`t had the nerve to try any of the food yet, although one of my American classmates eats it every once in a while and hasn`t gotten ill from it. (He`s gotten sick for other reasons, just like the rest of us at least once.) The thing is, most of the Indian students at school don`t even eat it and warn me against it. I know I shouldn`t but the little adventurer in me says, “Come on, go ahead. You`ll be fine!” In the picture above, you can see a food stand I passed by last night. They were selling the very popular Bombay Burger, a fried ball of potato with some peas, onions, coriander and other spices put in a bun. Man, did it smell like Popeye`s Fried Chicken! Ah, the greasy goodness. Well, I already had my once-a-year Popeye`s for 2007 so I`ll just have to wait til I get to Philly next year, I guess.

No comments: