Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Beauty Expanded

This is the inaugural issue of Vogue India. I picked it up to read on my train ride to the museum. Although I am not really a fan of Vogue (although I was told to try the French version, which is supposed to be excellent) and have been trying to wean myself off fashion magazines in general, I thought, "Hey, the very first issue, why not?" Although it is not the first American fashion magazine here in India, I applaud Vogue for it`s new venture. I can`t figure out though, why the blonde, Australian model is front and center of the cover. Don`t get me wrong, I believe all fashion magazines around the world should show all types of models no matter what. But for the very first issue, I think it would have been best if the cover focused a wide spectrum of solely Indian beauty. Now that I`ve been living in India for 2 months, I have an idea of what Indian beauty means in general, but that`s a whole `notha topic!

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Do they have India's Next Top Model?? It's cool that the Vogue is in English!

Charlie said...

Gemma Ward (the blonde model) was in my dream last night! I dreamt I was on Top Model, but then they found out I was a man so they kicked me off and replaced me with Gemma Ward! WEIRD!!

Anonymous said...

lol @ charlie, hahaha!