Sunday, October 28, 2007

U Sure U Hafta Pee?

This is the toliet in the Prince of Wales museum. While many places here have the toilets I am used to, others still use the hole in the ground technique. Which in one sense is ok cuz it`s not like I sit on public toilets anyway. But on the other hand, I better make sure my targetting is on point. As Leah, my roommate said, "we`ll probably have thighs of steel by the time we leave here."

Another thing is that many Indians do not use toilet paper. In every bathroom there is a bucket next to a faucet. You fill that faucet with water and use your left hand to clean yourself. Hence, like in many other countries, no one uses their left hand to eat. Also with drains, pipes and the sewage system not really being on point in a lot of places, it is frowned upon to put toilet paper in the toilet. My roommate and I, the only girls on our floor to use toilet paper, learned this the hard way when a note was put on the back of the bathroom door warning us against that. Oops!


P.S. don`t my legs look all black as night and shiny in this pic? Love it!

No comments: