Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Chai!

Without question, the most popular drink in India (and many other countries as well) is chai. It is a very sweet tea that is mixed with milk and spices. Often, you will see men dipping bread into chai as a snack. The small glass that its served in is shorter than my middle finger and its width is narrower than the length of my pinkie finger (granted I have pretty long fingers!) But considering the huge amount of sugar in it, a small glass of it is all you need. In fact, if you do not drink it right away, a layer of sugary skin forms on top of it. If that`s the case, just scoop it out with a spoon. Though completely harmless, I don`t like to drink it cause it feels so weird in my mouth. Other than that, chai tastes so goooood.

1 comment:

TheHOchieS said...

My mom used to (and still does sometimes) dip buttered bread in her tea or coffee. Yum.

I'm happy to see food posts. Food = greatness.
My friend and I tried to eat our way through Japan. I'd say we did a pretty good job for the two weeks we were there.