Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cheeeeeese!

This is cheese dosa. The shell is made out of lentils and is like an extremely thin pancake or crepe. It is folded but you can see that it`s so big that it can`t fit on the plate. There is cheese on the inside and outside, but you can have other things as well. And it`s served with the brown and white sauces. I was actually surprised by how much cheese there is in some Indian cooking. I mean, it`s not as much as in Switzerland or France or even America (or as good either), but it`s still much more prevalent than I thought. Well, you know me, I`m all about cheese so that is perfectly fine with me.

1 comment:

Chiung-Yin said...

I love how you just call the sauces "brown sauce" and "white sauce". It's like generic Chinese food. Do you know of what their sauces are made? I'm presuming the white is a yogurt based one...