Wednesday, August 8, 2007

First Day of School

I am doing an accelerated 1-year International MBA program. I will spend 4-1/2 months in India, 6 months in Philadelphia and i month in Japan. Yesterday was the 1st day of school at Welingkar Institute here in Mumbai (you can see a pic of the school on the right.) There are 15 of us in our class. Among the 15, there are 5 women, the most they've ever had attend the Mumbai portion of the program. We 15 students have lots of different backgrounds and range from age 21-39. I think it will be a good class. For the first 7 weeks, we will take 5 courses twice a week, 3 hours per class (10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm.) These classes make up our foundation program. The foundation program is made of the basics: Financial Management, Statistics, Financial Accounting, Economics and Marketing Management. I don't know anything about any of this stuff and am not a natural math whiz. I already need to study like crazy for Financial Management! But it's all good. The program is a necessary challenge---one that I hope to benefit from by next summer. Pray for me and wish me luck!

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Finance is definitely challenging but also useful and interesting, so you'll do great. I took all of those classes last year, but I'm so jealous you get to do it in Inja!! San Diego wasn't so bad, though.