Friday, August 31, 2007

Thanks

Folks, thanks so much for your birthday wishes. No, I didn't do much celebrating yesterday as school was extra long yesterday with an exam and a presentation. However, some of my professors (who you can see in the background) and staff came to 504 after our marketing presentation and surprised me with a card and a delicious chocolate cake. Now, you know this cake MUST be good because I am very picky when it comes to cake. Don't cry for me though. We will all go out Saturday night. Plus, my roommate treated me to a Domino's pepperoni pizza while we had out Ugly Betty study break last night. Now while Domino's ain't the best, I can't say no to pizza.

The funniest thing about yesterday was the confusion. You may be wondering why the partially-eaten cake says "Colin & Stella." Well, Colin, who you see laughing with me, wrote on his registration form when we first got here that his birthday is 08/03. We Americans read that as August 3rd but non-Americans read it as March 8th. Knowing that, Colin put it the non-American way so the Indian staff would understand. However, the Indian staff, knowing he's American, thought that he was actually writing it the American way. So they thought his birthday was just a few weeks ago! They felt bad for missing his birthday (we didn't start school until until August 6th), so they decide to combine both birthdays in one. Oops! Well, it was a terrifically nice gesture, and we all enjoyed ourselves.

By the way, I've already contacted you but I wanna give shout-outs anyway.
Happy Birthday to my fellow August girls, Krystal (8/30) and Cameron (8/26).
And Happy Anniversary Roland. :-)

No comments: