Monday, August 6, 2007

My Feet

On Friday, my feet were so wet they were gray. Luckily, the cool air of the 2 fans and air-conditioning in our hostel room combined with the heat & humidity coming from the hallway had my sneakers completely dry by the next morning…only to get wet when I went out again.

People looked at me like I was totally nuts when I asked about rainboots. Rainboots simply do not exist here. People just walk in the running streams of dirty water in flip-flops, sandals, or yes, even bare feet without a care in the world. I, on the other hand, prefer to actually have my feet covered as much as possible. However, I knew that if I wore my only pair of sneakers everyday, I would have no pair of sneakers in a month. So yes, folks, yesterday I bought…Crocs. I know, I know but I had to! What choice did I have? But have no fear. By the time I’m done with my semester here, the shoes will be so gross that they will never leave Indian soil with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so mad at the Crocs. Still, even if they don't wear rainboots there, I think it's time to introduce a new fashion trend. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

No u didnt with the crocs Chi. Why didnt you just have us mail you some BOOTS. Do you still need us to mail them so u dont fester in the dirty water. Ma says u need it. Did you buy a phone yet. If so...what the number. Ma is standing right next to me..worrying. AS USUAL!