Thursday, August 9, 2007

Hey Stella!!---#1

Responses to some questions I've received:

1. Can't you get a horrible disease walking in that water? I don't know. Hope not. Well, I hope more that it doesn't rain again.

2.
Why Crocs? Because they dry quickly, keep me an inch or so off the ground, and I don't want them after leaving India. So I plan to donate them to a shelter at the end.

3.
Can I send you some rainboots? Thanks. Crocs may dry quickly but they don't keep my feet or legs dry. So I would love that. But they could be expensive to send. And who knows how long it would take? But mom is going to check out DSW this weekend to see if she can find some for me anyway. I'll let you know.

4. How's the food?
The menus usually come with no description except whether or not its vegetarian. Nevertheless, the food is quite good but I'm still adjusting to eating Indian food everyday. I always eat in a restaurant, never ever from street carts. I usually have one big hot Indian meal a day with meat, vegetables, rice or bread. The rest of the day I have something small like crackers, cheese, bread, or raisins whenever I feel hungry. Since I can't eat anything raw (no salads, no fruit or vegetables that I don't wash and peel myself) I bought 100% real fruit juices (mango, pomegranate, orange...) and yogurt so I can have a more balanced diet.

5. And the water? Forget it. I even brush my teeth with bottled water.

More answers later!

No comments: