Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Crackin’ Those Books

This is the Asiatic Society. It is a huge public library in downtown Mumbai. It’s all white and pristine on the outside but on the inside, it looks like a dusty ole place that obviously hasn’t be renovated since the first half of the 20th century. No worries, though. It was a great place to concentrate so I went there a few times when I got tired of studying in the school’s library, my room, the park (of course, coating myself in mosquito repellant beforehand), or in coffee shops. Speaking of coffee shops, they are the it places for the upwardly mobile to hang out. But there’s no Starbucks. Instead the two big coffee chains are Café Coffee Day and Barista. Service wasn’t always that great but I could stay there for hours downing $1 cappuccinos so I can’t complain.

No comments: