Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Manna From Heaven Might Be Similar to This


This is a little bakery in Mumbai that has no doors so you can walk by and watch all the naan-making going on. Naan is soft, delicious bread that goes with everything. No seriously, I even ate it with a little pack of tuna for my lunch sometimes.

Don’t be fooled by imitators. That “naan” they serve in the cheap Indian restaurants in New York's Alphabet City is just pita bread, a pitiful imitation. I would highly recommend spending a few more bucks somewhere else to get the real deal.

There are many types of naan such as plain, garlic, cheese, and of course, my fave, butter. Can someone tell me whether there such thing as a butter naan plant? I do hoe so. Because I would grow it and harvest its scrumptiousness on a daily basis.

No comments: