Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Keep Em Tight

I love jewelry, yes I do. I get it from my mama. Even though I often wear the same earrings and necklace just because of ease and time, I imagine myself in the near future totally bedecked and bedazzled in jewels and gems and stones and rocks and all the glittery, colorful stuff on a daily basis. Indian women love jewelry as well. Often, they wear incredibly heavy earrings that, although lovely, can unfortunately result in stretched or even ripped earlobes. That is not cool. Once, Rachel and I were earring shopping and this guy tried to convince us that a pair of earrings he was selling were light as a feather. Please. Rachel responded, “Do you wear earrings? No. Well I do, so I know.” This sign, which you see constantly on the trains, may be evidence that one too many women may be listening to that fellow.

No comments: