Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Got Yo Goods Right Here

Ahh, the ever-present goods carrier truck. Each truck is brightly painted with unique pictures and designs. Each also has a bumper sticker on the back that reads, “Horn OK Please!” Say what, Stella? Well, the sticker is just letting you know that it’s OK to honk your horn. Um, this is India. EVERYONE is perpetually honking their horns (especially since most taxis don’t have side-view mirrors.). Believe me, nobody is looking for permission to do so. But thanks for letting us know anyway, goods carrier trucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Unknown said...

Dear StellAway,
I have really been enjoying your blog and your photos of India here.

I recently became a TED Fellow (www.ted.com/fellows) and was asked to give a talk on stage at the TED India conference held in Mysore.

I absolutely love this photo and would very much like with your permission to include it within the multimedia content of my talk (fully credited on the picture, of course) when it is release on TED website.

Please let me know if this would be alright with you.

Thanks very much and looking forward to hearing from you!