Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It’s Even Higher than You Think



What trip to India is complete without a ride on an elephant? None, I say. Sure, some may say that seeing the Taj Mahal is most important but I say pshaw to that. This is an e-le-phant!! And look how beautifully it’s painted. Oh, one bad thing though? I forgot to get my sunglasses back from the elephant caretaker once the ride was over. Yeah, that hurt a bit, but your girl Stelli-Stel got a replacement and she’s back to looking as crazy? fierce? famous? as ever with her gigantic celebrity sunglasses.

Speaking of celebritydom, I think I’ve mentioned before the celebrity status my classmates enjoyed due to being the only non-Indians in our part of Mumbai. Since I looked the most different, I got the most attention. So when we were in Udaipur, we were surprised to see our celebrity continue since there were many tourists there. To make things a little more interesting for ourselves, whenever someone shouted, “Where you from?,” we decided to reply with different countries from around the world just to see their reaction. So now I am from Jamaica, Malaysia, Uganda, Brazil, Algeria, Luxembourg…. Yeah, you didn’t know I was so multicluti, dija?



1 comment:

TheHOchieS said...

Jamaica?! You couldn't shout you were from Trinidad? Uhh...thanks a lot. j/k.